Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Anesthesia Coordinator today with Methodist Landmark Hospital.
Methodist Landmark Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Anesthesia Coordinator. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Anesthesia Coordinator is responsible for coordinating anesthesia equipment and supplies for patients receiving an anesthetic. Duties include preparation and cleaning of anesthetic machines and equipment for each procedure, anticipating needs of the anesthetist, assisting the anesthetist during procedures, and maintaining supply levels and functional equipment. The Coordinator is a senior technician that works in a collaborative role with the circulating RN and provides training and support to the other anesthesia technicians within the department in addition to performing anesthesia technician duties.
What you will do in this role:
- Coordinates the availability and scheduling of equipment and supplies used in anesthesia. Maintains designated par levels of anesthesia supplies and ensures carts are stocked with immediate use items for each operative procedure. Participates in evaluating new equipment/supplies that pertain to the anesthesia service.
- Consistently uses aseptic technique and correctly sets up and prepares needed supplies and equipment for arterial and central lines.
- Works in collaboration with the circulating nurse and anticipates the needs of the anesthetist; assists the anesthetist with arterial and/or central line placement, regional, epidural and spinal blocks and the induction of general anesthesia.
- Ensures utilized equipment is appropriately cleaned and in proper working order prior to use; performs basic equipment troubleshooting as necessary. Submits work orders in a timely manner for needed maintenance/repairs. Properly cleans and stores equipment after use. Schedules preventative maintenance as required and follows up on completion.
- Assists in orientation and training of new employees to the role of the anesthesia technician.
- Under supervision of the circulating nurse, demonstrates proper cell saver device set up for blood collection and conducts effective blood salvage operation.
What qualifications you will need:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- As of April 7, 2011 one year experience as an anesthesia technician in a hospital setting.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Preferred: Prior anesthesia technician experience in a hospital setting.
- Preferred: Anesthesia technician certification (Cer.A.T.) from the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT).
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital | Landmark is Methodist Healthcare’s newest hospital located conveniently close to the I-10/Loop 1604 corridor, near UTSA, The Shops at La Cantera, and The Rim. The 54-bed hospital will specialize in surgical services with highly skilled physicians performing advanced procedures in bariatrics, breast reconstruction, gynecology, urology, colorectal and general surgery.
Staff selected to work in this beautiful, state-of-the-art facility will work in an environment that was truly created with the patient in mind. The thoughtful design of the hospital helps promote healing, with its modern look and use of open spaces. Methodist Hospital | Landmark provides a perfect backdrop for the delivery of the quality care Methodist is known for in our community.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Anesthesia Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.