Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our EVS Supervisor opening with Methodist Landmark Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Methodist Landmark Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) EVS Supervisor for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
General Statement of Duties:
The Supervisor of Environmental/Linen Services (and Grounds if applicable) is responsible for overseeing the environmental services operations in their assigned areas of the Hospital and for carrying out related functions in-patient and non-patient areas. Must be responsible for the overall cleanliness, appearance of the Hospital, ensure that all employees are present for work, adjusting work schedules if necessary, and calling in additional staff when needed. In addition, other responsibilities include the efficient utilization of personnel, supplies, equipment and linen. Demonstrates and instructs employees in the proper cleaning techniques, use of cleaning chemicals, supplies, equipment and also familiarizes them with the departmental policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Makes work assignments, setting work priorities, projects and carries out inspections, with documented evidence on a regular basis to ensure that schedule and pre-established standards are being kept.
- Assists in the requisitioning, maintenance, storage, testing and rating of products and equipment; recommending needed changes. Prepares and submits work orders on defective equipment and on building repairs to the Maintenance Department.
- Communicates with Bed Control and the Nursing Units on Checkouts, Patient Room status prioritizing assignments/projects during times of increased demands. Proficient in the use of TeleTracker and expediting patient throughput.
- Counsels employees and refers unsatisfactory personnel to the Manager of Environmental/Linen Services and Grounds, in accordance with established hospital policies.
- The job responsibilities of this position may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department/work unit or to permit flexible staffing assignments. It also includes flexing of work schedules to meet departmental needs and staffing at other MHS facilities and candidate will take “CALL” as necessary on a rotational basis.
- Prepares records and documents daily activities to reflect the work that was performed and evaluates personnel assigned to their area.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent education preferred.
- At least one year of supervisory experience and/or formal management courses preferred.
- Must read, speak and understand the English language.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital | Landmark is Methodist Healthcare’s newest hospital located conveniently close to the I-10/Loop 1604 corridor, near UTSA, The Shops at La Cantera, and The Rim. The 54-bed hospital will specialize in surgical services with highly skilled physicians performing advanced procedures in bariatrics, breast reconstruction, gynecology, urology, colorectal and general surgery.
Staff selected to work in this beautiful, state-of-the-art facility will work in an environment that was truly created with the patient in mind. The thoughtful design of the hospital helps promote healing, with its modern look and use of open spaces. Methodist Hospital | Landmark provides a perfect backdrop for the delivery of the quality care Methodist is known for in our community.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our EVS Supervisor opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.