Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Clinical Pharmacist opening with Methodist Hospital Landmark today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the Methodist Healthcare team.
Methodist Hospital Landmark, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Clinical Pharmacist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will demonstrate proficiency in all pharmacist functions by consulting on medication orders with nursing and medical staff, validating patient histories and current medication profiles. You will identify medication variances and adverse drug reactions using formulary alternatives and handling complaints. You will conduct drug regimen reviews and responds to specific polypharmacy, pharmacokinetic and medication/MAR reconciliation consults. You will recommend and monitor drug therapy as assigned by the medical staff.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Clinical Pharmacist you will consistently provide pharmaceutical care to patients of all age and population groups to ensure appropriate prescribing, route, method of administration, and length of therapy to include review of allergy history on all patients and weight for weight-based dosing. You will monitor for age appropriate response to drug therapy and for any adverse events from drug therapy. You will exhibit competence in pharmacy clinical functions and accessing drug / patient information resources including lab values.
- You will perform computer order entry of medication orders and maintains the patient’s medication profile. You will conduct therapy monitoring and other activities associated with the provision of pharmaceutical care including formulary auto-substitution. You will contact physicians concerning non-formulary drugs and completes documentation of non-formulary requests timely.
- You will provide continual guidance to technical staff as it applies to performance of pharmacy services. You will supervise technical support personnel in drug preparation and distribution systems and participates in competency training for technical personnel. You will perform accurate final dispensing check of all medication orders and completes required documentation.
- You will comply with applicable federal and state law, pharmacy standards of practice and US Pharmacopeia guidelines for compounding of sterile preparations and comply with organizational policies and procedures as well as Joint Commission standards. You will perform controlled substance documentation and distribution procedures accurately.
- You will perform decentralized direct support to assigned units within the facility including rounding with other members of the healthcare team when applicable. You will participate in activities targeted by the department including Clinical Pharmacy Reports, Medication Utilization Evaluation (MUE), food/drug interaction monitoring, patient counseling, etc.
- You will provide cross-coverage in pharmacy areas as required. Assists in times of short staffing or increased workload to ensure quality patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Minimum 1 year of pharmacy hospital experience preferred
- Current Registered Pharmacist licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or
- Licensed pharmacist in another state: Provide proof of the Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital | Landmark is Methodist Healthcare’s newest hospital located conveniently close to the I-10/Loop 1604 corridor, near UTSA, The Shops at La Cantera, and The Rim. The 54-bed hospital will specialize in surgical services with highly skilled physicians performing advanced procedures in bariatrics, breast reconstruction, gynecology, urology, colorectal and general surgery.
Staff selected to work in this beautiful, state-of-the-art facility will work in an environment that was truly created with the patient in mind. The thoughtful design of the hospital helps promote healing, with its modern look and use of open spaces. Methodist Hospital | Landmark provides a perfect backdrop for the delivery of the quality care Methodist is known for in our community.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Pharmacist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.