Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Patient Registrar Scheduler today with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Patient Registrar Scheduler. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Takes requests for exams from physician offices, schedules patients for radiologic tests, procedures and admissions utilizing scheduling module; obtains accurate information on physician orders, pre-certifications and insurance plans, and enters the information into an appropriate system. Faxes and mails out reports to referring physicians. Separates batch reports and sends to appropriate areas to be place into patient’s medical records for in house patients, answers phones and intercoms, calls Doctors for Radiologists. Coordinates procedures for Radiologists and patients. Responsible for calling on-call teams for emergent cases after hours.
2. Informs patients or the physician office staff about any procedure requirements such as preps and signed order by physician.
3. Coordinates scheduling exams requiring anesthesia or sedation with Anesthesia Group and tech and setup from OR for the anesthesiologist to ensure the availability of staff and equipment.
4. Registers patients for services: obtains required authorizations, demographic and financial information for the patient’s medical and business office records and entering the information online. Will have patients fill out questionnaires appropriate to exam to be done.
5. Collects paperwork and ABN’s when necessary on each patient and aligns pertinent documents for establishing the patient’s medical records and financial file. Distributes documents to appropriate departments. When paper work is returned from departments it must be separated, organized and alphabetized before sending to medical records.
6. Collects deposits, deductibles, co-pays and other payments from patients to reduce bad dept expense and documents payment status in the system and charts. Prepares and submits daily deposits to cashier.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Registrar Scheduler opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.