This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Insurance Verification Representative you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Insurance Verification Representative where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Pre-Registration/Insurance Verifier is responsible for verifying eligibility and benefits of health insurance, government programs and/or workers compensation insurance prior to a patient having an examination. The process also includes verification of the insurance company claims billing address. Must also verify as to whether procedure that has been scheduled requires pre-certification or an authorization number in order to be performed and reimbursed.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Verifies policy and group number, as well as guarantor and dependents information with insurance company; verifies eligibility and benefits with insurance company; verifies claim mailing address of insurance company.
2. Annotates all scheduling changes appropriately in the patient’s history notes.
3. Verifies whether pre-certification or pre-authorization is required for exam to be performed and reimbursed.
4. Contacts referring physician office if required to obtain additional information regarding exam to send to insurance company for authorization of exam.
5. Notifies referring physician office, patient and/or imaging center if exam is not authorized or if exam will not be covered.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Graduate or GED required. Must have excellent phone etiquette and communication skills. Must demonstrate proficiency in operating modern telephone, computer and office equipment. Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology. Must possess a working knowledge of health insurance, government programs and worker’s compensation.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Insurance Verification Representative opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.