Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Financial Coordinator PRN today with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Financial Coordinator PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Financial Coordinator serves as a financial consultant for the facilities transplant patients. Responsibilities include maintaining demographic and insurance information on all patients, verifying insurance benefits, obtaining PCP referrals, and obtaining timely authorization for all outpatient and inpatient transplant services. The Financial Coordinator will serve as the financial liaison between the transplant clinic staff , physicians and the patient/families. Coordinators will work independently or in conjunction with the Financial Counselor ensuring that prospective candidates for transplantation are fully aware of their transplant benefits.
What you will do in this role:
- Accurately tracks verification tasks, pcp referrals and authorizations for incoming medical management, organ failure, and/or transplant patients. Updates required systems with authorization, pcp referrals, eligibility information and denials.
- Consistently meets deadlines and turn around times to ensure that verifications, authorizations and pcp referrals are managed correctly and timely to support clinic operations.
- Submits clinical information to insurance providers and case managers to obtain authorization. Works collaboratively with outside providers when necessary to obtain clinical information to support the transplant authorization.
- In collaboration with the social worker and/or case manager and/or financial counselor to ensure that patients and/or their families fully understand medical and/or transplant benefits and opportunities for assistance programs. Works collaboratively with the onsite eligibility vendor to screen in-house or referred patients.
- Accurately and timely obtains insurance authorization and referrals for all services and/or visits ordered by the clinic provider.
- Financial Coordinators will receive training on transplant authorizations, financial counseling, selection meetings and peer to peer reviews for cross coverage on duties that are not equally shared.
What qualifications you need:
- High School or GED
- Minimum two years experience in the field of insurance authorization and clearance for medical services
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Financial Coordinator PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.