This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Nuclear Med Tech today with Methodist Hospital Northeast.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Nuclear Med Tech. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follows all regulations on the radioactive materials license set by the Texas Department of Health for that specific institution.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Demonstrates competence in the area of nuclear medicine: positioning, physiology, procedure prep and technical factors. The technologist must also demonstrate proper handling of radiopharmaceuticals and record keeping according to Nuclear Medicine guidelines
4. Demonstrate proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling exams, completion of exams, patient and film tracking and entering of charges according to procedures preformed.
5. Checks label of isotope to be injected carefully and assay it while observing all radiation safety regulations.
6. Facilitates and participates in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
3. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules, regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education:ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine training program
B. ALL of the following:
i.Graduate of Radiology Technologist program
ii.Both registry/certification requirements listed below
iii.One year experience as a nuclear medicine technologist
2. Experience: None (see Education requirement above for exception under 1.B.)
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: 2 years previous experience as a nuclear medicine technologist in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
2. Must have ONE of the following within six months of hire date: i. ARRT (N) or ii. NMTCB
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nuclear Med Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.