Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Transplant Coordinator RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant!
Seeking a Transplant Coordinator (Liver Transplant) who will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluation the nursing care for patients suffering from chronic and end stage organ disease and potential transplant patients and live donors. The RN coordinates care delivered by other members of the transplant team to affect positive outcomes for the patient.
What you will do in this role:
1. Assures the performance of necessary studies to determine a patient’s candidacy
2. Assumes lead in directing responsibility of all patient and family education; acts as the resource person regarding transplantation for all staff nurses
3. Assists in the evaluation and selection of potential recipients and living donors
4. Maintains appropriate monitoring of patients’ status throughout work-up and while on the deceased donor organ transplant waiting list.
5. Coordinates comprehensive care with other team members and monitors live donor post donation for clinical/social/emotional issues and routine follow up visits; Prepares patients for discharge and outpatient follow-up
6. Communicates all patient post donations issues and concerns to other transplant team members and maintains communication with patients’ referring physicians.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduate of a nursing program: diploma, associate degree, or baccalaureate program.
2. Experience: At least 1 year RN experience and must meet ALL requirements of RN II
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Transplant Coordinator RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.