Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Maintenance Technician opening with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Maintenance Technician for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
A Maintenance Technician will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned facilities, areas and equipment to include minor plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, painting, heating and cooling and other building systems. Ideal candidates will be versed in many aspects of hospital maintenance and repairs with knowledge of maintenance procedures and use of basic hand and power tools. The Maintenance Technician must be able to effectively troubleshoot various mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues and will possess strong communication and organizational skills.
What qualifications you will need:
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings or nights.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues, good time management skills and an attention to detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude with the ability to accentuate customer service through strong organizational skills and follow up.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Ability to reference repair manuals or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to complete minor building component repair work that does not require a specialized technician including repairing doors, locks, door frames and handles, patch and repair work for walls, touch-up paint, etc.
- Ability to complete minor electrical repair work including bulb replacement, ballast swaps, etc.
- Ability to complete minor plumbing tasks including fixing leaks, unclogging drains, etc.
- Ability to complete minor HVAC tasks, which include checking hot/cold calls, basic preventative maintenance, filter replacements, etc.
- Ability to complete normal cleanup duties, which include sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
- Ability to use various basic hand and power tools
- High School Graduate or GED equivalency Required
- 3 years relevant maintenance work experience in a healthcare setting. Preferred
- Certificate in a building trade, building maintenance technology or relevant field. Preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Maintenance Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.