This job posting is no longer active.
This position is incentive eligible.
Last year alone, HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours impacting our communities. As a Director Central Business Office with HCA Healthcare, you can be a manager in an organization that is devoted to giving!
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a Director Central Business Office. We care for our communities and employees! HCA Hope Fund in fourteen years reached a historic milestone: $50 million in help to our colleagues in need. Last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
In your role as Director CBO, you will be a part of a larger team of like-minded professionals in one of the fastest growing lines of healthcare. You will oversee business office operations for your portfolio of surgery centers.
What you will do in this role:
- Oversee daily management of your Business Office (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Charge Entry, Coding, Insurance Verification and Collections)
- Monitor the flow of work impacting your staff and reassign staff as workload demands
- Oversee report analysis to use as a guide in your strategy creation
- Evaluate charge entry, insurance verification and cash posting to determine the integrity of data input across your team
- Account for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt
- Leverage your understanding of all Center managed care contracts with third party payors including Medicare and Medicaid
- Insure that your AR aligns with your goals
- Communicate with your facility Administrators on activities affecting patient scheduling, registration, accounts receivable, A/P and insurance verification, as determined through facility processes
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals and develop your team
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Health Care Administration desired and/or extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum (3) years of experience in a medical office setting (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) highly preferred
- Minimum of two years prior supervisory experience
- Demonstrates understanding of patient accounting principles in managing large volume, accounts receivable and accounts payable in a health care related field. BLS may be required as per facility standard.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Ambulatory Surgery Division is a growth-oriented business sector of HCA Healthcare. 140+ surgery centers across 16 states with 3,200 physician partners. We perform outpatient surgery cases in our single and multispecialty centers across HCA Healthcare. We are in more than 13 divisions. The size of our surgery centers creates a culture where everyone knows one another. We have a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Become a manager with an organization that invests in your career while giving to the community. We are seeking distinguished applicants for our Director Central Business Office opening. Help HCA Healthcare create healthier tomorrows for patients and communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.