Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Radiology Tech Lead OR today with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Radiology Tech Lead OR. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
General Statement of Duties:
The Radiology OR Team Leader is responsible for maintaining a high standard of care in the imaging department. Responsible for providing efficient operation of the section, instruction and assignment of work to employees within all imaging areas to ensure the highest level of care is given to all patients. Duties include proper training of all radiology staff as well as maintaining technical skills needed to perform Adult and Pediatric procedures to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Responsible for the proper operation of all x-ray equipment, image distribution, use of the PACS system, digital equipment and preparing the equipment in the OR suites for use. Assist the Radiology supervisor with the maintenance and preventive maintenance of all Radiology equipment, to include the operating room areas and Quality Control duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Either of the following
Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
Two year experience as a Radiologic Technologist in a hospital OR setting.
Complete initial and ongoing training/competencies as defined by service line facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
3. Preferred: Current or previous experience in hospital setting to include PACS system and Digital Radiology (DR)
Essential Job Functions:
1. The technologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and adult patients.
2. Demonstrates competency in areas of general diagnostic radiography, use of digital equipment, knowledge of the PACS system, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors.
3. Responsible for the proper use of RIS, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks.
5. Accommodates inpatients or requests for urgent exams as the need arises.
6. Observant for image artifacts; clean image detectors as necessary.
7. Possess the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
8. Obtains patient history as needed; assists radiologist during procedures, helping to put the patient at ease.
9. Advises supervisor of any equipment issues requiring service.
10. Demonstrates ability to shut down radiologic equipment and/or reboot computers.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. May be called upon to physically witness and/or inventory controlled substances with another authorized individual
3. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Tech Lead OR opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.