Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Supervisor of Sterile Processing opening with Methodist Hospital Metropolitan today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Supervisor of Sterile Processing for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Supervisor is responsible for the provision of re-usable sterile products in all areas for use in the hospital. The Supervisor directs all activities in SPD, orienting and directing shift team members. The Supervisor ensures all SPD equipment & records are in compliance with governing agencies standards. Consistently follows the National Standards and Recommended Practices for Sterilization, supplies, and equipment and promotes collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, department heads, and personnel of other departments. Adheres to national and state standards, regulatory requirements and hospital department policies.
What you will do in this role:
- Supervises personnel to work allocation, orientation and training, interviewing, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance and ensuring employee output.
- Collaborates with physicians, Registered Nurses and Surgical Technicians to serve in support role within OR. Responsible for supplies, instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical cases. Collaborates with OR board runner to ensure appropriate instrumentation is available for cases.
- Assesses process for distribution of sterilized supplies and coordinates with areas involved to improve frequency distribution and monitors for effectiveness.
- Maintains Process Improvement and Sterile Processing Attendance Records. Maintains SPD record documentation as required by regulation and Hospital policy.
- Maintains a safe work environment by setting standards for staff use of universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and appropriate monitors.
- Facilitates minimization of immediate use sterilization through heightened focus on the surgery schedule. Monitors productivity and quality and identifies areas for improvement.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: ALL of the following:
- 1) High School Diploma or GED
- 2) New hires as of 01/01/2013 must have ONE of the following:
- A. Graduate of a formal sterile processing technology program
- B. Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program
- C. Three (3) years of experience in a sterile processing technician role OR surgical technologist role.
- New hires as of 01/01/2013 must have three (3) years experience in a sterile processing technician role AND/OR surgical technologist role.
- Preferred: Graduate of accredited Sterile Processing Program or Surgical Technology program
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Effective 01/01/2013: ONE of the following:
- A. Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (formerly NICHSPDP).
- B. Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service material Management
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan houses 370 bed. We house the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only freestanding, center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. We welcome nearly 3,000 newborns into the world each year. We are home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center. We have been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare. For the fifth consecutive year we are recognized as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality. We received a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We were the premier Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. Join our accredited team today.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Supervisor of Sterile Processing opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.