This job posting is no longer active.
The Care Coordinator directs, plans, and supports PSG practices in successfully meeting CMS, ACO and payor care coordination and quality initiatives.
San Antonio Care Coordination, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Care Coordinator PSG like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Maintains knowledge of payor and regulatory requirements with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Attends learning sessions and shares information learned with team members
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team(s) to achieve the organization’s coordination of care goals, quality goals, and financial performance goals
- Prepares, conducts, and manages in-person and virtual meetings with practice managers, staff, providers and Care Managers to communicate results and provide education on opportunities for improvement
- Prepares and submits minutes from all meetings, as directed
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality in the areas of patient, employee, and physician relations
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Acts as a patient advocate to facilitate improved patient outcomes
- Performs related work and additional duties as requested by supervisor
- Monitors patient compliance with preventive screening processes using internal and payor reporting tools
- Accesses portals as necessary to prepare reports and other documents to evaluate progress and prioritize workload
- Communicates via telephone and other virtual tools with patients regarding care needs, documenting communications appropriately in the electronic medical record
- Prepares and maintains patient charting as needed and performs medical record reviews for payor projects
- Assists in securing and submitting necessary documentation for annual patient assessment forms (PAFs)
- Identifies and communicates potential behavioral health care gaps as appropriate
Transitions of Care
- Contacts patients after an emergency department encounter or hospital discharge to identify the need for a follow-up appointment, community resource needs, etc.
- Refers patients for care management, as needed
- Documents activities in the medical record to support transition of care services as specified by CMS and other program requirements
- Uses available tools to identify at-risk patients
- Refers patients for medical and/or behavioral health care management, as needed
- Documents efforts in accordance with established workflow protocols
- Identifies patients eligible for chronic care management
- In partnership with the Care Manager, ensures comprehensive chronic care management is established for eligible patients
- In collaboration with the Care Manager, oversees and executes on patient care plans
- Manages patient referrals to medical or behavioral health specialists as directed by Care Manager
- Assists in identifying and engaging community resources to assist patients as needed
- Assists with practice and provider empanelment processes
- Schedules appointments related to preventive care, chronic disease management, and/or integrated behavioral health
- Prepares and maintains care coordination reports and provides periodic updates to practice leaders and providers
- Conducts wellness campaigns for targeted, focus areas
- Graduate of a certified Medical Assistant program, Nursing Assistant, LPN/LVN, or other healthcare education preferred
- One year of medical office, care coordination, or utilization experience highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Internet, Adobe, and MS Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports with quality data and attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records, medical terminology, ICD-10, CPT II coding, HEDIS measures, and/or medical office processes
- Self-motivated and flexible to the changing needs of the program, team and work environment with the ability to self-direct including prioritization of multiple simultaneous tasks
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Care Coordinator PSG opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.