Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Cook you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Hill Country which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Hill Country, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Cook where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Cook I under general supervision you will prepare, season, and cook a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items. You will make appropriate quantities while following menus, recipes, and production sheets. As a Cook I you will maintain a clean and sanitary work area. You will communicate with other production staff regarding menus, recipes and portion sizes.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Cook I you will obtain food ingredients and supplies from storage areas as required for daily operations.
· You will review production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
· You will prepare and season a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes.
· You will slice, grind, and cook meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods; Tests foods for quality and complete production sheets.
· You will demonstrate, understand, and practice safe food handling techniques. Including dating/labeling, time/temperature measurements, correcting critical control issues.
· You will correct issues with food/equipment as quickly and appropriately as necessary to provide all customers with a quality product.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date.
No Travel Travel Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Founded in Fredericksburg, Texas, in 1971, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is an award-winning healthcare organization that has gained a reputation for delivering remarkable care. The hospital has been named a Fortune/Merative Top 100 Hospital nine times in its history due to its excellent quality, outcomes, and experience results. The recipient of the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is the largest employer in Gillespie County with more than 600 staff and 225 medical staff members. Methodist Hospital | Hill Country, formerly Hill Country Memorial Hospital, offers state-of-the-art services like the Restore Joint Replacement Center and an interventional cardiology program.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cook opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.