Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Social Worker with Methodist Hospital Hill Country you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital Hill Country, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital Hill Country family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Social Worker to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
· You will evaluate patient’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being by interviewing patient, family and significant others when performing psychosocial assessments. Makes recommendations to the health care team regarding psychosocial diagnosis and treatment options when appropriate.
· You will ensure that documentation of assessments and interventions are filed in the patient’s medical record, and reflects the collaboration with other staff, patient/family, community agencies and others as appropriate.
· You will collaborate with the health care team to facilitate discharge planning. Makes referrals to appropriate community agencies, maintains up-to-date information on community resources.
· You will provide short-term crisis intervention counseling and emotional support to patients and their families, with focus on alleviating anxieties/fears relative to their life altering conditions and uncertainties of recovery.
· You will assist patients/families to adjust to hospital routines; understand, accept, and comply with medical recommendations related to their selected interventions. Recognizes the need for long-term intensive counseling services and makes appropriate referrals.
· You will make appropriate referrals for financial assistance.
· You will participates in patient care conferences and shares patient information with the team.
What qualifications you will need:
· Requires a Masters Degree in Social work from an accredited college or university.
· Two years of experience in the service area hired into preferred.
· Bilingual preferred, but not required
· Must have a current Social Work License in the State of Texas
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Founded in Fredericksburg, Texas, in 1971, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is an award-winning healthcare organization that has gained a reputation for delivering remarkable care. The hospital has been named a Fortune/Merative Top 100 Hospital nine times in its history due to its excellent quality, outcomes, and experience results. The recipient of the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is the largest employer in Gillespie County with more than 600 staff and 225 medical staff members. Methodist Hospital | Hill Country, formerly Hill Country Memorial Hospital, offers state-of-the-art services like the Restore Joint Replacement Center and an interventional cardiology program.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Social Worker opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.