Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Nuclear Medicine Technologist opening with South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Nuclear Medicine Technologist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist who will maintain technical skills needed to perform nuclear medicine procedures. He/she will order, take receipt of, handle, administer, and dispose of radioactive materials, as well as generate and maintain all necessary documentation in accordance with current requirements of the Rules governing the safe use and possession of radioactive materials as promulgated by the Texas Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control.
What you will do:
1. Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures and evaluates images for technical quality. Demonstrates competence in all aspects of nuclear medicine: physiology, procedure prep, technical factors, positioning, etc.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Adheres to all conditions of the Radioactive Material License and the Operating, Safety, and Emergency Procedures.
4. Performs and documents wipe testing, radiation surveys, dose calibrator assays, et cetera as required. Performs all required quality control/quality assurance procedures.
5. Generates and maintains all additional required records.
6. Demonstrates competence with and proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling of exams, completion of exams, and entering of charges for procedures performed.
What you will need:
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: must be registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology [RT(N)] or by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board [CNMT].
If registry eligible, the individual must be in possession of a temporary Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification by the Texas Medical Board.
The employee must have passed the registry (either ARRT or NMTCB) and be in possession of a permanent MRT certification within one year of the date of issuance of the temporary MRT certification.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Nuclear Medicine Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.