Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Transplant Coordinator RN PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Transplant Coordinator RN PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Seeking a Transplant Coordinator PRN who will be is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluation the nursing care for patients suffering from chronic and end stage organ disease and potential transplant patients and live donors. The RN coordinates care delivered by other members of the transplant team to affect positive outcomes for the patient.
What you will do in this role:
1. Assures the performance of necessary studies to determine a patient’s candidacy
2. Assumes lead in directing responsibility of all patient and family education; acts as the resource person regarding transplantation for all staff nurses
3. Assists in the evaluation and selection of potential recipients and living donors
4. Maintains appropriate monitoring of patients’ status throughout work-up and while on the deceased donor organ transplant waiting list.
5. Coordinates comprehensive care with other team members and monitors live donor post donation for clinical/social/emotional issues and routine follow up visits; Prepares patients for discharge and outpatient follow-up
6. Communicates all patient post donations issues and concerns to other transplant team members and maintains communication with patients’ referring physicians.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduate of a nursing program: diploma, associate degree, or baccalaureate program.
2. Experience: At least 1 year RN experience and must meet ALL requirements of RN II
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Transplant Coordinator RN PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status