This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Respiratory Care Practitioner PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Hill Country which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Hill Country, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Respiratory Care Practitioner PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Respiratory Care Practitioner assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
What You Will Do In This Role:
- Operate and set up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
- Provide emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Collect and analyze arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
- Follow physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
- Monitor patient’s response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
- Consult with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient’s status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patient’s plan of care.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy Program (Required)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required within 90 days of employment.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the department.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Founded in Fredericksburg, Texas, in 1971, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is an award-winning healthcare organization that has gained a reputation for delivering remarkable care. The hospital has been named a Fortune/Merative Top 100 Hospital nine times in its history due to its excellent quality, outcomes, and experience results. The recipient of the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is the largest employer in Gillespie County with more than 600 staff and 225 medical staff members. Methodist Hospital | Hill Country, formerly Hill Country Memorial Hospital, offers state-of-the-art services like the Restore Joint Replacement Center and an interventional cardiology program.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Respiratory Care Practitioner PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.