Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Phlebotomist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Hill Country which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Hill Country, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Phlebotomist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Phlebotomist you are responsible for performing phlebotomy and point-of-care testing as designated. You will answer telephones and verbally report verified test results. As a Phlebotomist you will perform clerical tasks, participate in appropriate continuing education. You will work in compliance with laboratory policies and procedures.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Phlebotomist you will perform bleeding times, venipuncture and fingerstick specimen collection on neonate, infant, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
· You will observe standards for dual patient identification; collection is timely ensure patients experience minimal discomfort.
· You will perform point-of-care testing, I-STAT, collection of sweat chloride samples, type checks, and Unopette platelet collection (as appropriate per facility).
· You will answer telephones and verbally report verified test results.
· You will process patient reports and perform other assigned clerical duties such as: filing, printing and faxing.
· You will record information consistently and accurately on phlebotomy and nursing sign-off sheets.
· You will process all specimen types using appropriate computer functions.
· You will clean work area, phlebotomy trays and restocks supplies.
· You will communicate and interact with patients, physicians, co-workers, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· All hired after 9/8/2010 must have a high school diploma or GED.
· You must have one year of phlebotomy experience with expertise in adolescent, adult, and geriatric collections required.
· Experience with neonatal, infant, and pediatric specimen collection preferred.
· Clerical office work experience preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Founded in Fredericksburg, Texas, in 1971, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is an award-winning healthcare organization that has gained a reputation for delivering remarkable care. The hospital has been named a Fortune/Merative Top 100 Hospital nine times in its history due to its excellent quality, outcomes, and experience results. The recipient of the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is the largest employer in Gillespie County with more than 600 staff and 225 medical staff members. Methodist Hospital | Hill Country, formerly Hill Country Memorial Hospital, offers state-of-the-art services like the Restore Joint Replacement Center and an interventional cardiology program.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.