Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Coordinator QC QA today with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Coordinator QC QA. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for setting quality expectations for staff with the use of radiographic imaging equipment in Adult and Children’s Radiology (all modalities) to include OR/ER staff.
2. Makes rounds of work areas to ensure equipment upkeep. Ensures proper working condition of all radiographic equipment. Coordinates with vendors for repairs, scheduled maintenance, and assists in selection of new equipment. Monitors downtime and service reports. Maintains inventory and equipment service records.
3. Ensures Establishes QC/QA protocols as required by JCAHO, ACR, OSHA, TDH and other agencies when applicable.
4. Shall integrate current scientific knowledge and technology into the work practices, be responsible for the orientation and training of new employees and students and participate in continuing education provided to the department during work hours. Yearly QC/QA Coordinator will participate and complete Job Skills/Competency Check List.
5. Works closely with Radiation Safety Officer and Biomedical Department to ensure proper working condition and inspection of equipment.
6. Responsible for the quality control measures of the Department of Radiology ensuring good documentation and follow-through on issues.
Additional Job Functions:
1. In collaboration with managers, the QC/QA Coordinator communicates well with others, is able to prioritize tasks, and act as a mentor to staff as needed while providing quality in-services and instructions.
2. Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
3. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department/work unit or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
4. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
5. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
6. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
7. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
8. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
9. Completes other duties as assigned.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Coordinator QC QA opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.