Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Surgery Scheduler today with HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Surgery Scheduler. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Seeking a Surgery Scheduler for our practice who provides clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
· Obtains CPT and ICD-10 Diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from practice staff; seeks assistance from practice and facility coders as determined through practice and family processes
· Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through facility processed. Ensures all requirements for the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the facility or other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed equipment/instruments.
· Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center of Facility before scheduling the patient.
· Ensures efficient coordination of provider clinic and facility schedule which could include awareness of provider’s schedule and coordination of provider time-out, travel, meetings, conferences, and continuing medical education.
· Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements
What Qualifications you will need:
· High school degree preferred
· Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office)
· BLS may be required as per practice standard
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgery Scheduler opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.