This position is incentive eligible.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Division Vice President Emergency Services for our Methodist Healthcare System team where excellence creates excellence.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare?Apply for our Division Vice President Emergency Services role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Vice President of Emergency Services leads strategic planning and business development for the service line and identifies opportunities to drive differentiation and improve the overall quality and delivery of services provided. By developing and implementing strategic plans aligned to business objectives and engaging stakeholders as partners in the pursuit of excellence in patient care, the Vice President fosters a culture in which stakeholders are committed to the vision/mission/values of the organization.
What you will do in this role:
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by leading the service line in the development and implementation of evidence-based practices, patient safety initiatives, and quality strategies. Ensures standards of care are established. Engages the medical staff as meaningful partners.
- Leads efforts to reduce variation in clinical practice. Drives performance improvement initiatives designed to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Fosters a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations. Establishes goals to differentiate the service line as a leader in quality and patient safety. Meaningfully engages the medical staff in the pursuit of excellence in patient care.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards.
- Leads the development and implementation of patient throughput strategies, including capacity planning, volume forecasting, patient flow coordination, and admission/discharge planning.
- Directs nursing practice and unit operations. Develops policies, procedures, and nursing standards to ensure patient and family needs are assessed, met, and Fosters an unparalleled patient experience culture that differentiates the service line as the leading place to practice and receive healthcare, attracting physicians, caregivers, and patients. Ensures physician alignment, engagement, and ease of access/practice.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Develops and implements strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- Creates and directs the implementation of a strategic roadmap designed to enhance the patient experience and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance.
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Leads service line strategic planning and business development. Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, new service offerings, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and support the growth agenda.
- Collaborates with administrative team and physicians to enhance existing services or develop new service offerings.
- Stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting healthcare, including political and legislative changes, reimbursement trends, and advances in healthcare delivery. Understands the competitive landscape and ensures service line is positioned strategically to respond to changing healthcare dynamics and market environments.
- Develops and maintains strategic external relationships which advance the organization's position within the community, grow the business, and improve the health of communities served. Fosters robust referral networks.
- Develops long- and short-range operational and capital plans aligned to business objectives. Prioritizes capital equipment needs. Determines projected return on investment for capital and growth initiatives. Monitors budget performance, identifies trends, and evaluates variances in relation to established budget. Develops and implements actions to address performance gaps.
- Provides leadership and consultation to support cost effective clinical resource management, reduce variable costs, and enhance clinical effectiveness. Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling excellence, productivity management, and premium pay utilization. Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree.Required
- Master's Degree or other approved education plan. Preferred
- 5+ years applicable experience. Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleledresources and opportunitiesto reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education andcareer advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to ourExecutive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a Division Vice President Emergency Services. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.