Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Unit Clerk today with Methodist Children's Hospital.
Methodist Children's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Unit Clerk. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
As a Unit Clerk you will assume primary responsibility of unit secretarial, receptionist and clerical support in a professional manner in accordance with Methodist Excellence standards. You are expected to apply skills in critical thinking, appropriate judgment mental organizational and unit operation skills to perform a variety of tasks. As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge of office equipment operation, interdepartmental function and effective communication and policy.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of medical terminology and accurately transcribe physician’s orders.
· You will complete assignments independently and demonstrate teamwork when needed using effective problem-solving skills, chain of command and effective communication with coworkers, supervisors, physicians, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner consistent with Methodist Excellence standards.
· You will accurately schedule, request or communicate necessary patient information with regard to hospital privacy policies.
· You will demonstrate knowledge and operation/application of unit equipment and software applications and programs.
· You will actively work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to support hospital policy and promote patient safety.
· You will assist nursing staff as requested with delegated tasks to support the patient experience.
· You will greet and assist visitors, answer their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
· You will answer a multi-line telephone system and respond to requests efficiently in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· 1 year secretarial experience in a healthcare setting: Preferred
· Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built just for children, Methodist Children’s Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and Central Texas. The hospital has built a strong reputation for its outstanding pediatric services in many specialty areas including pediatric heart surgery, pulmonology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, newborn and pediatric intensive care, oncology and emergency services.
Our new tower is part of a landmark expansion that increased the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by 445,000 square feet. It includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children’s imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The Level IV NICU, the region’s largest with over 90 beds, has board-certified neonatologists in-house 24/7 to provide the highest level of neonatal care available. The hospital is among the nation’s top three providers of blood and marrow stem cell and cord blood transplants for children and is the largest BMT program in San Antonio. In addition, Methodist Children’s Hospital continues to be nationally recognized for the strongest quality record for patient safety. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Children’s Hospital under Locations.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Unit Clerk opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.