This position is incentive eligible.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Director of Patient Experience you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Northeast which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Director of Patient Experience where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Director of Patient Experience who is the role of the internal coach. The internal coach is responsible for the oversight of the key components of Methodist Excellence standards to include the ICARE Values at each entity in the system to ensure alignment and achievement of results across the system. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Serve as a coaching resource to the leaders on achieving clinical, operational and service excellence by hardwiring the Must Haves.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources department, orients new leaders to the ME standards and validate his or her competency for the Must Haves.
- Work with the Studer Group Coaches and Senior MHS Leaders to identify priorities, implement tactics and hardwire behaviors to achieve service pillar results.
- Lead by example by consistently role modeling the Standards of Behavior and hardwiring the Must Haves.
- In collaboration with the Measurement Team coordinate the communication of results/wins/barriers to the CEO and progress and results to leaders and staff.
- Round with leaders to validate ability to round on all staff and patients to hardwire behaviors.
- Round in all areas to offer “fresh eyes” and secret shop to provide feedback to leaders on hardwiring of the ME standards in their areas.
- Validate that service recovery issues are tracked and reported to the leadership team on an ongoing basis.
- Harvest practices that have been successful in achieving results for sharing with the system and have resources from other entities with leaders to support the achievement of results across all six pillars.
- Track and report the completion of the items on the accountability grids following each Leadership Development session.
- Facilitate the executive team’s review of individual leader goals to validate alignment with the organization’s goals and consistency of weights and metrics across the entity.
- Provide coaching support to the service excellence teams operating within the organization to support ME (measurement, standards, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, communication).
- Conduct an assessment on an annual basis of the organization’s compliance with hardwiring the tactics and behaviors that are critical to achieve results.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program.
- 2 years of demonstrated success in change management, relationship building, team building, project planning and culture shaping initiatives.
- Master’s Degree. Studer principles experience preferred. MHS Director or VP or a previous Studer Coach in a healthcare setting preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Director of Patient Experience opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.