Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Recreation Therapist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Recreation Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
Responsible for providing age-appropriate recreational therapy services to persons hospitalized for psychiatric care with the purpose of restoring, remediating and/or rehabilitating the person’s functioning and independence as well as reducing or eliminating the effects of illness.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for contacting assigned patients within 24 hours of admission and orienting to Recreation Therapy modalities, potential outcomes of participation in recreational therapy services and the schedule of session. Conducts individualized assessments of patients as clinically indicated and within the prescribed time frames.
- Plans and facilitates age appropriate group activities for assigned units and assigned patients to improve their overall functioning and independence.
- Works with the interdisciplinary team in developing an individualized treatment plan and determines the efficacy of therapeutic interventions in meeting treatment goals.
- Completes written documentation of work clearly, concisely and in a timely manner.
- Maintains equipment and supplies in neat and organized manner. Orders new supplies on a consistent basis
- Provides Supervisor with constructive suggestions to problems, assists with maintaining productivity standards and sets a positive atmosphere for professional development by attending all assigned meetings and trainings.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy, or related field.
- Two (2) years of work experience in Recreation Therapy is preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
- Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS) – National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Specialists, or State Certification with Consortium of Therapeutic Recreation/Activities
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Recreation Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.