Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Clinical Laboratory Scientist today with Methodist Hospital Hill Country.
Methodist Hospital Hill Country, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Clinical Laboratory Scientist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist you are responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will analyze and assume accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist you will perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
· You will analyze test results - demonstrate knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
· You will understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; troubleshoot and take corrective action.
· You will demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
· As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist you will understand, perform, and practice quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required.
· You will communicate any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
· You will review, write or modify departmental procedures or policies.
· You will meet timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily complete competency checklist for this position.
· You will assume responsibility for your own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· High school diploma (or equivalent), with 15 years of clinical lab experience OR
· Associates Degree with minimum 2 years experience in Clinical Lab setting. -OR-
· Bachelor’s Degree required with clinical lab experience preferred.
· Minimum License and Certificates Required: One of the following certifications is required:
MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA),
MLT(AMT) Certification is waived for those with 5 years of lab experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Founded in Fredericksburg, Texas, in 1971, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is an award-winning healthcare organization that has gained a reputation for delivering remarkable care. The hospital has been named a Fortune/Merative Top 100 Hospital nine times in its history due to its excellent quality, outcomes, and experience results. The recipient of the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is the largest employer in Gillespie County with more than 600 staff and 225 medical staff members. Methodist Hospital | Hill Country, formerly Hill Country Memorial Hospital, offers state-of-the-art services like the Restore Joint Replacement Center and an interventional cardiology program.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Laboratory Scientist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.