Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Sterile Processing Tech PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Metropolitan which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Sterile Processing Tech PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Central Sterile Processing Tech is fully competent in all aspects of the decontamination, assembling, prep and pack, sterilization, and storage. Recognizes and reconciles potential customer service issues without supervision. Accurately documents sterilization records. Performs with expert knowledge and skills while cleaning, decontaminating, preparing and sterilizing supplies, instruments and equipment. Effectively maintains the National Standards and Recommended Practices for Sterilization, supplies, and equipment and promotes collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, department heads, and personnel of other departments. Adheres to national, state and hospital department policies
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for control of all parts of the sterilization process:
- a. decontamination;
- b. prep, pack, sterilize;
- c. documentation of sterilization
- d. sterile storage including remediation of equipment failures and hazards.
- Inspect, assemble and test general and specialty instrumentation for proper functioning. Identifies tray type by contents of instrument tray. Identifies instruments that do not function properly and replaces or reports instruments that need repair or that are missing.
- Work in conjunction with the OR staff to provide timely sterile products. Maintain strong working/collaborative relationships with other departments to ensure flow and continuity of services.
- Maintain consistency and continuous workflow between the OR and Central Service Sterile Processing while practicing excellent customer service.
- Operate and maintain all equipment; keep records of loads completed, items of loads and maintenance procedures performed
- Monitor surgery schedules daily, identifying general, specific and potential needs for all cases.
- Operate and maintain autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate records to remain compliant with applicable regulatory agencies, as well as reporting occurrences immediately to supervisors.
- Attend in-service presentations, including but not limited to infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, SDS and OSHA standards.
- Report defective equipment to supervisor or staff.
- Demonstrates competence and teaching ability when resolving issues related to sterilizers and the processing, interpreting and recording Bowie Dick and biological test results.
- Functions independently in any Sterile Processing area and collaborates with other disciplines to provide quality patient care.
- Performs high-level disinfection using established policies and procedures as required.
- Decontaminate, reprocess and maintain flexible endoscopes
What qualifications you will need:
- A. High School graduate or equivalent.
- B. Preferred graduate of a surgical technologist program
- C. Preferred Sterile Processing Certification
- Minimum of three months experience and/or fully competent in role Central Sterile Service or Sterile Processing required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan houses 370 bed. We house the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only freestanding, center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. We welcome nearly 3,000 newborns into the world each year. We are home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center. We have been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare. For the fifth consecutive year we are recognized as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality. We received a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We were the premier Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. Join our accredited team today.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Sterile Processing Tech PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.