This job posting is no longer active.
This position is incentive eligible.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for an Admin Director Surgical Services for our Methodist Hospital Northeast team where excellence creates excellence.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Admin Director Surgical Services role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Administrative Director of Surgical Services has a strategic focus to provide outstanding patient service, grow the service line, develop leadership, and manage resources. They are responsible for maintaining strong physician and administration relationships. They are able to function at a high level business acumen.
What you will do in this role:
- You will actively participate in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- You will advance the customer experience in Surgical Services
- You will coach immediate subordinates through providing feedback, constructive critique of work, facilitates individual development plan, and documents their job performance
- You will adhere to all Human Resource policies
- You will effectively communicate departmental, organization and industry information to staff
- You will facilitate evidence based employee engagement practices
- You will effectively build strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals
- You will utilize talent review data for pipeline development
- You will foster strategic career advancement for perioperative services leaders
- You will set a strategic vision and goals for the department
- You will design standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance
- You will develop, implement, and evaluate an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- You will monitor compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- You will oversee a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- You will be responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards
- You will follow the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens
- You will promote cooperation and collaboration with other departments, medical staff, auxiliary, and community agencies to facilitate optimum patient care
- You will seek new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services
- You will develop, prioritize and defend capital equipment requests
- You will be responsible for the fiscal management of department; assure proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- You will advance the growth agenda for Surgical Services
- You will promote service line growth through building strategic relationships with medical staff and medical staff office
- You will strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- You will demonstrate a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community
- You will develop and build strategic internal and external networks
- You will promote consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- You will practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in surgical services required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nursing Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as an Admin Director Surgical Services. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.