Methodist ER New Braunfels
Full Time - Non-Exempt
Mixed Shifts - Rotating Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Paramedic you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital South which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Paramedic where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Participate in CQI projects
- Maintains clinical competence
- Maintains competence in documentation
- Utilize SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation) for communication
- Support and represent the facility’s Mission, Vision, Values while performing the role
- Attend meetings and in-services as required by departmental policy
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: Current certification/Licensure in the State of Texas as a Paramedic. EMT-P required. Current BLS Healthcare Provider. ACLS Provider and PALS Provider within 6 months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a field Paramedic with an EMS agency and/or clinical experience working in a hospital.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Emergency Medical Paramedic (EMP), No Travel Required
- 2 years experience Required Years of Experience
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Healthcare has expanded community access to emergency care through the addition of nine Methodist ER freestanding emergency rooms throughout San Antonio. We pride ourselves on offering a variety of services in a convenient location, close to home and are looking to grow our team in New Braunfels!
Methodist ER’s Offer:
• Physicians and staff with extensive emergency experience
• Seamlessreferrals to Methodist Hospital | Northeast Or Methodist Children’s Hospitalif needed
•24/7 emergency care withminimalwait times
•Registration, care, and discharge performed inprivaterooms
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.