Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Social Worker? At Methodist Hill Country Hospice, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Methodist Hill Country Hospice, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Social Worker like you to be a part of our team.
We are seeking a Social Worker for Methodist Hill Country to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Social Worker is a member of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with the medical staff, other hospital departments, community agencies and others to provide continuity in care to the patient and their families. The social worker assesses strengths and/or stressors that impact patient functioning in order to identify available resources.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
· You will evaluate patient’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being by interviewing patient, family and significant others when performing psychosocial assessments. Makes recommendations to the health care team regarding psychosocial diagnosis and treatment options when appropriate.
· You will ensure that documentation of assessments and interventions are filed in the patient’s medical record, and reflects the collaboration with other staff, patient/family, community agencies and others as appropriate.
· You will collaborate with the health care team to facilitate discharge planning. Makes referrals to appropriate community agencies, maintains up-to-date information on community resources.
· You will provide short-term crisis intervention counseling and emotional support to patients and their families, with focus on alleviating anxieties/fears relative to their life altering conditions and uncertainties of recovery.
· You will assist patients/families to adjust to hospital routines; understand, accept, and comply with medical recommendations related to their selected interventions. Recognizes the need for long-term intensive counseling services and makes appropriate referrals.
· You will make appropriate referrals for financial assistance.
· You will participates in patient care conferences and shares patient information with the team.
What qualifications you will need:
· Requires a Masters Degree in Social work from an accredited college or university.
· Two years of experience in the service area hired into preferred.
· Bilingual preferred, but not required
· Must have a current Social Work License in the State of Texas
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Social Worker opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.