Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) BI Architect? At Methodist Healthcare System, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated BI Architect like you to be a part of our team.
Seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Architect who will direct the strategy, design, implementation and support of the data model, and associated data warehouse infrastructure, for strategic, financial, operational, clinical, and analytical information reporting by the BI department, and/or Clinical Analytics and for the division stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Senior Vice President (SVP) Strategy & Development and Vice President (VP) of Business Intelligence, and/or the Chief Medical Informatics Officer (CMIO), division leaders, and facility leaders, the candidate will establish a vision for implementing a reporting, analytical, business intelligence, and clinical analytics infrastructure. The candidate will provide technical guidance on BI solutions, acting as technical lead for design, development, and support.
The position will perform a key role to help Methodist Healthcare achieve its strategic goal of pushing timely and actionable information to leaders and stakeholders. As such, the candidate will be responsible for defining and driving the use of reporting standards across the division.
What you will do in this role:
1. Evaluate, analyze and manage the development of databases, data visualizations, automations, web reporting capabilities and BI infrastructure for strategic division data.
2. Develop key relationships and contacts with knowledge experts using company and industry data within the division, HCA, and externally.
3. In partnership with the SVP, VP, CMIO, division, market/facility, and service line leadership: evaluate, analyze and manage the development of routine and ad hoc key reporting and analytical tools and associated data environments within key service line, financial, clinical, and operating indicators and metrics that provide concise analysis and understanding by stakeholders.
4. Manage the development and maintenance of periodic reporting packages, and data interfaces, and provide analytical and reporting system support.
5. Lead the effort to determine best practice solutions for BI requests by: performing a thorough cost/benefit analysis of alternatives; optimizing limited resources; and prioritizing requests in accordance with governance structure.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
• Associates degree in Information Technology, Business or Healthcare field from an accredited college or university with five years of related experience or minimum of five years of experience in lieu of education.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or Healthcare field from an accredited college or university preferred.
• 3+ years of IT/decision support experience, preferred in a multi-site healthcare environment
• 3+ years of experience with mining, aggregating, and reporting clinical and operational data within a healthcare system and/or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services.
• Experience with solid understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database systems and designs and/or expert level knowledge of: generally accepted database and data warehouse design methodologies; Microsoft.NET, ASP.Net, RDL, MDX and Microsoft Office.
• Experience training and developing others in the use and application of reporting systems data and information for clinical and operational improvement and/or skilled in data administration, data modeling and tuning, and ensuring development team has the optimum environment in which to deliver applications to include indexing strategies, database layout, and loading /
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health or Information Technology
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: None
2. Preferred: None
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our BI Architect opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.