Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Methodist Hospital Northeast have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator you can be a part of change.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
About the Unit:
- 30 bed Medical/Surgical ICU
- Patient to Nurse ratio 2:1
- Caring for general medical, cardiovascular, neurosurgical, and general surgery ICU patients
- Highlighted by HCA in 2019, for tripling CCRN certifications in 12 months
- Active Professional Practice Council (shared governance model)
- Supportive Leadership
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associate or baccalaureate degree nursing program required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas required. If Compact License, a Texas RN license is required within 90 days of hire
- Minimum of 2 years of RN experience in an acute care setting required
- At least 1 year of charge nurse and/or leadership experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.