Managers thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a(an) Central Scheduling Manager for our Methodist Healthcare System team where excellence creates excellence.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Central Scheduling Manager role today!
Seeking a Central Scheduling Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate scheduling of designated Inpatient/Outpatient procedures for all assigned areas and maintains scheduling staff to fulfill the needs of the department. Responsible for understanding of patient scheduling, procedure knowledge, taking both oral and receiving written orders from physicians, matching orders with the proper procedure, giving patient instructions, and educating schedulers. Will be responsible for auditing information for accuracy, knowledge of medical and insurance terminology, and understanding payer requirements as they pertain to scheduling. Will work as liaison between physicians, physicians’ office staff and hospital departments to schedule efficiently and achieve customer satisfaction.
What you will do in this role:
1. Responsible for managing the scheduling of all patient procedures to be performed. Includes obtaining complete and accurate patient demographics and procedure information from the physicians’ office.
2. Manages the staffing of the Surgery Scheduling department to ensure adequate coverage and customer satisfaction and routinely monitors time and attendance of supervised personnel.
3. Monitors and tracks instrument and equipment conflicts and interfaces with appropriate personnel for schedule conflict resolution. Analyzes issues and determines correct action to ensure accurate scheduling and customer satisfaction.
4. Provides input into capital and operating budget for the department and processes requests for funding, reports, and expense vouchers.
5. Operates the computerized system and initiates/updates as available, collects data for admitting office at time of procedure scheduling, acts as a resource person to the schedulers and serves as preceptor to new employees.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instruction from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited program
2. Experience: 5 years of experience in centralized scheduling and/or within a specialized department hospital setting.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Associates or Bachelors Degree of Nursing from an accredited program with two years of experience in a hospital setting. Centralized scheduling and insurance experience preferred. Experience in a specialized setting, i.e. ICU, Surgery, Operating Room, or Radiology preferred.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: None
2. Preferred: If preferred education is met, current RN license in the state of Texas in good standing.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Central Scheduling Manager.Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.