Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) CT Scan Technologist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) CT Scan Technologist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The CT Scan Technologist will maintain technical skills needed to perform CT procedures. Responsible for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all equipment, digital image management, preparing room for use. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify the requirements of the adolescent, adult, geriatric patients and to provide the care needed as described in the policies and procedures. Responsible for the care and maintaining of existing intravenous access, may be responsible for injecting specific medication under the direction of the physician.
What you will do in this role:
1. Performs diagnostic procedures in a manner consistent with minimal radiation exposure and maximum image quality.
2. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography, positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan. Performs examinations according to protocol, radiologist preference and ACR guidelines.
3. Consistently consents patients for metals and contrast and obtains necessary surgical history of patients prior to exam.
4. Documents in information systems upon completion of procedures; always documents all STAT reads according to departmental policies.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift. Supplies area with items necessary for daily schedule; advises supervisor of any items are needed.
6. Follows ACR QC requirements according to guidelines and internal policies.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of an accredited radiology technology program
B. Associates or higher degree
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Two years CT Technologist experience; Associate Degree in Radiology Technology
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: CMRT – Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board
2. Preferred: ARRT registry in CT modality
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CT Scan Technologist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status