Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Maintenance Mechanic Advanced you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Landmark which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Landmark, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Maintenance Mechanic Advanced where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Maintenance Mechanic Advanced to be responsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital owned equipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution. Including machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners etc. The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced, must work under normal day-to-day conditions with very limited to no supervision, as well as under emergency conditions that require all equipment function as normal.
What You Will Do In This Role:
- You must be able to respond to all trouble calls in the hospital
- You will perform repairs on non-medical equipment, i.e. dietary, environmental service equipment, beds, plumbing, lighting and HVAC
- You will perform preventive maintenance on non-medical equipment such as air handling units, dish machine and exhaust fans
- You will be responsible for implementation and coordination of fire drills, and be a member of hospital fire response team.
- You will provide documentation of regulatory requirements e.g. The Joint Commission, Texas Department of Health and Human Services, etc.
- You will restart and shut down chillers and boilers
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- High School diploma and one year technical school or equivalent preferred. Associate’s Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable
- Must have 7 or more years’ experience in a related job or equal in training and on the job training, with at least 5 years’ experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- City of San Antonio Electrical Maintenance License (This may be obtained within six months of hire)
- Electrical, Plumbing or Refrigeration License preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital | Landmark is Methodist Healthcare’s newest hospital located conveniently close to the I-10/Loop 1604 corridor, near UTSA, The Shops at La Cantera, and The Rim. The 54-bed hospital will specialize in surgical services with highly skilled physicians performing advanced procedures in bariatrics, breast reconstruction, gynecology, urology, colorectal and general surgery.
Staff selected to work in this beautiful, state-of-the-art facility will work in an environment that was truly created with the patient in mind. The thoughtful design of the hospital helps promote healing, with its modern look and use of open spaces. Methodist Hospital | Landmark provides a perfect backdrop for the delivery of the quality care Methodist is known for in our community.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Maintenance Mechanic Advanced opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.