Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our CT Scan Technologist opening with South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) CT Scan Technologist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking a CT Scan Technologist who will maintain technical skills needed to perform CT procedures. Responsible for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all equipment, digital image management, preparing room for use. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify the requirements of the adolescent, adult, geriatric patients and to provide the care needed as described in the policies and procedures. Responsible for the care and maintaining of existing intravenous access, may be responsible for injecting specific medication under the direction of the physician.
What you will do in the role:
1. Performs diagnostic procedures in a manner consistent with minimal radiation exposure and maximum image quality.
2. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography, positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan. Performs examinations according to protocol, radiologist preference and ACR guidelines.
3. Consistently consents patients for metals and contrast and obtains necessary surgical history of patients prior to exam.
4. Documents in information systems upon completion of procedures; always documents all STAT reads according to departmental policies.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift. Supplies area with items necessary for daily schedule; advises supervisor of any items are needed.
6. Follows ACR QC requirements according to guidelines and internal policies.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of an accredited radiology technology program
B. Associates or higher degree
2. Experience: None
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Two years CT Technologist experience; Associate Degree in Radiology Technology
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: CMRT – Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas Medical Board
2. Preferred: ARRT registry in CT modality
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website atwww.stric.com.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our CT Scan Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.