Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Rehab Specialist IRF? At Methodist Healthcare System, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Rehab Specialist IRF like you to be a part of our team.
General Statement of Duties:
The Rehab Market Specialist will work closely with internal/external stakeholders and is responsible for development and maintenance of existing external referral sources. Responsible for execution of external growth strategies as designated by the Market Director as well as contribution of ongoing market strategies for continued business growth.
Essential Job Functions:
· Promote Methodist Inpatient Rehabilitation products and services by developing and maintaining ongoing business relationships with key customers such as physicians, managed care payer organizations, medical supply companies, healthcare facilities and institutions, prosthetics companies, professional organizations, local employers, and state and local governments.
· Develop innovative strategies, implement core marketing strategies, track and analyze progress toward achieving marketing and revenue goals and/or objectives identified in the business plan. Understands business commerce and how it impacts the healthcare industry to include Rehab Prospective Payment System guidelines for reimbursement and marketing purposes. Resolves difficult situations in order to reach a mutually satisfactory agreement.
· Leverage resources and monitor business in external market segments to maximize impact.
· Maintain in depth knowledge of promoted and competitive products and customer markets. Conduct market analysis and monitor competitive activity and changing customer needs on an ongoing basis. Monitor daily, weekly, monthly and year-to-date trends (referral patterns from external facilities, physicians, and case manager) and adjusts strategies to facilitate patient admissions. Communicates issues and opportunities including possible solutions concerning business conditions. 4. Ensure effective use of company approved marketing materials. Execution of business growth plans as guided by Market Director, to achieve annual metrics for Methodist Inpatient Rehabilitation service line. Will collaborate with Clinical Rehabilitation Specialists and Admissions Coordinator.
· Assist in coordinating the in-take and pre-admission screen process for patients who will be participating in an HCA acute rehabilitation program.
· Functions as the primary contact for external case managers, physicians and referral sources.
What qualifications you will need:
Education: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or certification from an accredited program in a healthcare related field.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in an inpatient rehabilitation setting/marketing position
Preferred: 3 years of experience as a clinical/physician liaison, or medical sales, or marketing.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
ONE of the following:
· Current Texas RN license in good standing.
· Current Texas PT or PTA license in good standing.
· Current Texas OT or OTA license in good standing.
· Current Texas Speech Language Pathologist license in good standing.
Methodist Healthcare System
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Rehab Specialist IRF opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.