Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Radiology Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Atascosa which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Radiology Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a Radiology Tech for Methodist Hospital South. You will be performing radiologic procedures as needed to assist our Physicians in providing all patients with high quality, efficient care. Take the first step in joining a team that works hard to support each other by applying now!
Our Radiology Technicians have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
What you will do in this role:
· You will be able to properly operate all x-ray equipment.
· You will demonstrate competency in areas of general diagnostic radiography, use of digital equipment, knowledge of the PACS system, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors.
· You will be able to properly develop images.
· You will understand and follow infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks.
· You will accommodate requests for urgent exams as the need arises.
· You will observe image for artifacts and clean image detectors as necessary.
· You will possess the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
· You will obtain patient history as needed and assist radiologist during procedures, helping to put the patient at ease.
· You will advise supervisor of any equipment issues requiring service.
· You will accurately document in accordance with Hospital policies and standards.
· You will timely communicate appropriate information with necessary members of the patient care team.
· You will learn and comply with all system safety policies and rules
What qualifications you will need:
· Our ideal Radiology Tech will possess current or previous experience in the hospital setting to include PACS system and digital radiology.
· You will have (and maintain) your Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Medical Board
· You will have your Certificate of Training in a Radiologic Technology Program OR have your Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
· You will have your Certificate from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) either at date of hire or within 6 months of hire date.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is a comprehensive medical center located just south of San Antonio, Texas. The hospital offers a range of services. Services include emergency care, orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine, and urology.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is part of Methodist Healthcare. We share 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. is South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care for uninsured patients. This creates a unique partnership that benefits the community. We are able to provide quality care to all and charitable care when needed.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.