This position is incentive eligible.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Director Emergency Services for our Methodist Hospital team where excellence creates excellence.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Director Emergency Services role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The role of the Director of the Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
What you will do in this role:
- You will accurately identify real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication
- You will actively participate in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- You will advance the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department
- You will coach immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance
- You will adhere to all Human Resource policies.
- You will effectively communicate departmental, organization and industry information to staff
- You will facilitate evidence-based employee engagement practices
- You will effectively build strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals
- You will participate in employee and patient rounding and identify and mentor potential future leaders
- You will enforce standards of emergency department care and develop processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance
- You will develop, implement, and evaluate an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- You will monitor compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety
- You will oversee a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care
- You will be responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards
- You will follow the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens
- You will support the recruitment process to secure staffing talent
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a Director Emergency Services. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.