Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Operating Room Coordinator today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Operating Room Coordinator. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under general supervision, coordinates and oversees the daily activities between the Operating Room (OR) and Sterile Processing Department (SPD) to ensure efficient case flow
What you will do in this role:
- Coordinates and oversees the daily activities between the Operating Room and Sterile Processing to ensure efficient case flow.
- 2. Serves as the “point person” with OR and/or SPD staff and physicians to resolve issues that may arise before, during or after a case.
- 3. Responsible for assisting with projects and in process improvement activities to include promotion of customer service/satisfaction through training, education and resolution of staff and physician issues.
- 4. Communicates with OR and SPD staff prior to surgical cases to ascertain specific instrument and supply needs and ensures these items are available. Identifies instrumentation related to tray additions and reconfigurations and communicates order to appropriate person.
- 5. Performs data collection for tracking of various standards for reporting purposes. Consults with the OR and SPD staff to identify and implement revisions to instrument trays, naming conventions, count sheets and methods of specialty instrumentation identification.
- 6. Reviews surgery schedule to determine loaner/vendor instrumentation availability and communicates needs to OR and SPD manager. Monitors “Priority List” to ensure instrumentation is ready and available for all first cases of the day, as well as instrumentation to be reprocessed for “to follow” cases.
- 7. Assists with the education of OR and SPD staff. Provides in-services to SPD and contracted staff related to new equipment. Assists in the reprocessing of instrumentation in the SPD on an as needed basis.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: One of the following:
- 1. High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
- 2. ONE of the following:
- A. Graduate of an surgical technologist program OR
- B. 1 year experience in a hospital setting as a surgical technologist prior to 9/1/2009.
- Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in a multi-specialty operating room environment to include knowledge of sterile processing operations and issues.
- Preferred: Knowledge of medical instrumentation and surgical procedures as related to the OR. Knowledge of the proper set up of an operating room. Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with physicians, surgeons, operating room staff and other healthcare professionals. Good computer skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks successfully
- CERTIFIED: Must have and maintain ONE of the following
- i. CST – Certified Surgical Technologist through the National Board for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (formally the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist) OR ii. TS-C- Tech in Surgery, Certified through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- NON-CERTIFIED: no license, certificate or registration required if they meet the below provision: Per Texas HB 643, surgical technologists entering practice after 09/01/2009 must have and maintain a surgical technologist certification. Individuals that performed in a surgical technologist position prior to 09/01/2009 are not required to obtain a surgical technologist certification.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Operating Room Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.