Are you passionate about the patient experience? At Methodist Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Pharmacy Technician Non Compounding today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Pharmacy Technician Non Compounding. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Pharmacy Technician I (Non-Compounding) you will perform duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and assist in the processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders according to professional standards and practices.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Pharmacy Technician I (Non-Compounding) you will accurately fill medication orders in the pharmacy. You will process medication returns and restock to the pharmacy. You will accurately package and prepare medications for dispensing as assigned. You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas while maintaining proper storage and security of medications throughout the organization. .
- You will perform daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restock, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) You will replenish ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and in a timely manner. You will provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems. You will perform all necessary functions on the pharmacy computer system which may include: patient profile inquiry, debit/credit medications, pharmacy reports/fill lists, print labels, and billing inquiry.
- As a Pharmacy Technician I (Non-Compounding) you will accurately perform routine manufacturing and prepackaging maintaining accurate and complete record logs. You will ensure that a pharmacist checks all work. You will perform receiving and check in of medication/supply orders. You will appropriately and timely notify the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered, shortages, overages and damaged product. You will assist in management of drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste. You will assist the purchasing agent/department by ensuring that all expired and recalled medications are removed from inventory and stored in the appropriate area. You will restock shelves in respective areas and orders via the pharmacy want book.
- You will identify critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner. You will interact in person and by phone with hospital personnel in a polite and respectful manner.
- You will perform unit/area inspections as well as expiration date checking when scheduled and submit appropriate documentation when completed. You will prepare all work records needed for the day including prepacking batch logs, census reports, outdate reports and unload reports. You will comply with ongoing process to monitor outdates as per department procedures.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- ONE of the following:
- National Certification (CPhT) with Current active Registered Pharmacy Technician by the Texas State Board Pharmacy
- Intern Certification with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician Non Compounding opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.