Are you passionate about the patient experience? At Methodist Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Clinical Dietitian Bariatric today with Methodist Hospital Landmark.
Methodist Hospital Landmark, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Clinical Dietitian Bariatric. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Dietitian - Bariatric, you will responsible for planning, organizing, and evaluating all phases of nutritional care for inpatient and outpatient Bariatric patients. As a Dietitian - Bariatric, you will maintain high standards of nutritional care and coordinate the nutritional care with all caregivers in the Bariatric setting.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Dietitian - Bariatric, you will perform nutritional assessment, evaluations and planning; calculate and records meal patterns.
- You will develop and maintain nutritional care plans as per insurance criteria, physician's orders and clinic protocol.
- You will provide positive, enthusiastic and constructive support of the patients in terms of their decision to pursue bariatric surgery.
- You will defer to physician orders and dietary clinic protocol when counseling patients on pre-op and post-op dietary instruction.
- You will assist in providing nutritional support/information for patients in the support group setting.
- You will develop/gather nutritional counseling material and provide in/out patient counseling for patients per clinic protocol and physicians orders.
What qualifications you will need:
- You must have a Bachelor Degree in Food and Nutrition or related field
- You must complete competencies as defined by department/unit and/or clinical specialty area
- You must be licensed by the State of Texas or must obtain license within 4 months of hire.
- You must be Registered/Registered eligible with the American Dietetic Association
Methodist Hospital | Landmark is Methodist Healthcare’s newest hospital located conveniently close to the I-10/Loop 1604 corridor, near UTSA, The Shops at La Cantera, and The Rim. The 54-bed hospital will specialize in surgical services with highly skilled physicians performing advanced procedures in bariatrics, breast reconstruction, gynecology, urology, colorectal and general surgery.
Staff selected to work in this beautiful, state-of-the-art facility will work in an environment that was truly created with the patient in mind. The thoughtful design of the hospital helps promote healing, with its modern look and use of open spaces. Methodist Hospital | Landmark provides a perfect backdrop for the delivery of the quality care Methodist is known for in our community.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Dietitian Bariatric opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.