Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Nuclear Med Tech PRN today with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Nuclear Med Tech PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follows all regulations on the radioactive materials license set by the Texas Department of Health for that specific institution.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Demonstrates competence in the area of nuclear medicine: positioning, physiology, procedure prep and technical factors. The technologist must also demonstrate proper handling of radiopharmaceuticals and record keeping according to Nuclear Medicine guidelines
4. Demonstrate proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling exams, completion of exams, patient and film tracking and entering of charges according to procedures preformed.
5. Checks label of isotope to be injected carefully and assay it while observing all radiation safety regulations.
6. Facilitates and participates in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
3. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules, regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education:ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine training program
B. ALL of the following: i.Graduate of Radiology Technologist program ii.Both registry/certification requirements listed below iii.One year experience as a nuclear medicine technologist
2. Experience: None (see Education requirement above for exception under 1.B.)
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: 2 years previous experience as a nuclear medicine technologist in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
2. Must have ONE of the following within six months of hire date: i. ARRT (N) or ii. NMTCB
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nuclear Med Tech PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.