Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) LVN with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic LVN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
General Statement of Duties: The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LVN/LPN provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty.
Essential Job Functions:
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care. Documents the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner. Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the RN or CNC and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Provides direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned patients as directed by the physician or RN. Assists with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed. Facilitates the management of the day’s scheduled cases.
- Performs lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstrating competency.
- Identifies potential nursing problems/changes in patient status, informing appropriate team members. Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the principles of patient privacy and security of protected health information. Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of the department. Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job Related Characteristics:
- Education: Graduate of accredited Vocational Nursing School
- Experience: One-year applicable experience preferred
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Required: LVN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State LVN Compact License, or GN Permit for LVN’s being hired into LVN position. (Employees with LVN Compact License are required to obtain Texas LVN License within 90 days of hire date). BLS required.
- Preferred: ACLS, IV Certification as mandated by state of practice.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our LVN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.