This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our EHR Support Analyst II opening with IT&S - San Antonio Division today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
IT&S - San Antonio Division, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking an EHR Support Analyst II for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The EHR Support Analyst II serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a broad set of clinical applications. Primary responsibilities the leadership and facilitation of the facility's core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities, second level support as a broad clinical subject matter expert to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources, and leadership of new module/application testing and implementation for the facility.
The EHR Support Analyst II facilitates and manages maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries and provides input to and customizes based on division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility. This individual works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team and facility core team members to develop training materials and deliver hands-on training as needed, and to implement division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for clinical applications. A EHR Support Analyst 2 may be dedicated to a specific facility or may operate across a geographic zone and serve multiple facilities.
- Serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a broad set of clinical applications.
- Leads and facilitates the facility's core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities
- Provides second level support as a broad clinical subject matter expert to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources; provides status on user issues.
- Works with enterprise and division subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests
- Serves as project leader for facility-based implementations of clinical applications software releases and new products
- Provides on-call assistance as needed.
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team to lead, monitor, and facilitate new module/application testing and Implementation for the facility
- Facilitates and manages maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries
- Provides input to customize base division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team and facility core team members to develop training materials and deliver hands-on training as needed.
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team to actively promote and support division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for a broad set of clinical applications.
- Coordinates facility clinical application reporting requests, assists with defining report requirements, and validates reporting results.
- May develop clinical application reports as needed • Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to clinical application use
- Participates in meetings as a member of facility clinical leadership
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
- Coordinates the execution and use of tools for audits
- Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.) and facility leadership
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of clinical operations and processes
- Understands pertinent accreditation guidelines, such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
- Customer service orientation and/or training
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- One to Three years experience in clinical application support or related clinical work experience
- Licensing or credentials within specific clinical specialty required.
- Possession/Maintenance of specialty clinical licensure is strongly desired.
- Valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel between facilities in a geographic zone may be required.
OSHA CATEGORY: The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives
people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support,
and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at
administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states
and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by
seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our EHR Support Analyst II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.