***No Nights, No Weekends, No Call***
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Methodist Ambulatory Surgery-Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an RN PACU Nurse - Surgery Center and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery-Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN PACU Nurse - Surgery Center opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a PACU Nurse for our ambulatory surgery center who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family. You will ensure safe and effective nursing care rendered postoperatively until the patient is dismissed from the facility. With your expertise, our center will continue its’ legacy of employing nurses who contribute to the company’s mission and vision.
What you will do in this role:
- Prepare your patients’ care area adequately and ensure necessary equipment and supplies and provided
- You will demonstrate proper airway management techniques
- Monitor your patients according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac, etc.).
- You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
- Perform and document head to toe evaluation of your patients utilizing an approved scoring system in line with HCA policy and procedure
- Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and report abnormalities to the surgeon
- Provide a safe and comforting environment for your patients and family
- Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
Qualifications you will need:
- Associate Degree in Nursing or RN Diploma or Higher degree in Nursing Required
- 1+ years of nursing experience in a clinical setting, preferably in PACU, ICU or Surgery
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
- BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable
- ACLS required within 30-days of hire
- PALS if required by facility within 30-days of hire
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center is located in the heart of San Antonio Medical
Center. Our AAAHC accredited center is a top revenue producing facility for HCA Healthcare
Ambulatory Surgery Division. We perform over 750 cases a month in ophthalmology, gynecology,
ENT, pediatric, urology, GI, podiatry, dental and general surgery.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN PACU Nurse - Surgery Center opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.