This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Food and Nutrition Services Utility Worker today with Methodist Hospital Atascosa.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Food and Nutrition Services Utility Worker. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
As a Food Service Worker-Utility you will assist with the preparation of foods and beverages for patient tray lines. You will be responsible for cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, set up, and service. You will serve a range of hot and cold food items.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Food Service Worker-Utility you will demonstrate correct food handling techniques such as portioning serving sizes by using appropriate serving utensils, and controlling temperature of tray line foods in accordance to HACCP regulations.
· You will demonstrate a complete understanding of prescribed sanitation regulations such as washing hands, changing of gloves/aprons, and use of sanitized water.
· You will maintain and clean work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. You will deliver and retrieve patient food trays in a timely manner and at the proper temperatures.
· You will demonstrate the ability to work at least 50% of the stations on tray line.
· As a Food Service Worker-Utility you will replenish foods, silverware, dishes, and trays at serving stations; you may replenish condiments as needed.
· You will understand basic diet restrictions as applied to tray line operations, and adhere to established tray line procedures to meet the diet restrictions.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is a comprehensive medical center located just south of San Antonio, Texas. The hospital offers a range of services. Services include emergency care, orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine, and urology.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is part of Methodist Healthcare. We share 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. is South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care for uninsured patients. This creates a unique partnership that benefits the community. We are able to provide quality care to all and charitable care when needed.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Food and Nutrition Services Utility Worker opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.