Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) PRN COTA Home Health with Methodist Healthcare at Home you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Healthcare at Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Healthcare at Home family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic PRN COTA Home Health to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Working under the direction of the Occupational Therapists. The OTA provides rehabilitative services to patients in their homes. They will work with patients that have mental, physical, emotional, or developmental impairments to improve quality of life. You will assist patients with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an occupational therapist.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the direction of the registered and/or licensed occupational therapist, optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients. Will assist in the screening of patients, implementing treatment for assigned patients, delivering treatment to achieve identified goals according to the established treatment plan, documenting progress toward identified goals. Will communicate patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Assists in the selection of Occupational Therapy techniques/media and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques/media as indicated by patient performance and following consultation with the Occupational Therapist.
- Assists the Occupational Therapist in identifying a problem list, long-term goals, short-term goals and a treatment plan. Monitors patient’s response to intervention and consults with Occupational Therapist if modification is indicated. Adapts treatment under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist to meet the personal needs of the patient.
What qualifications you will need:
- Associate’s degree or certificate program from a community or vocational / technical college
- Completed certificate program (Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant)
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order
Healthcare at Home is a service line from HCA healthcare. We are dedicated to providing patients with quality care during their recovery at home. We are Medicare certified. Our patients are under the supervision of a physician and our team of professionals develop an individualized plan of care. Our professionals include registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, therapists, and social workers. We provide the care you need in the comfort of your own home to restore your independence. Healthcare at Home raises the bar on what quality healthcare looks like. Just like family, we pull together to care for, support and celebrate with each other being able to provide exceptional, expert care for patients.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our PRN COTA Home Health opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.