Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Radiology Tech PRN today with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Radiology Tech PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. The technologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and adult patients.
2. Demonstrates competency in areas of general diagnostic radiography, use of digital equipment, knowledge of the PACS system, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors.
3. Responsible for the proper use of RIS, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges)
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks.
5. Accommodates inpatients or requests for urgent exams as the need arises.
6. Observant for image artifacts; clean image detectors as necessary.
7. Possess the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
8. Obtains patient history as needed; assists radiologist during procedures, helping to put the patient at ease.
9. Advises supervisor of any equipment issues requiring service.
10. Demonstrates ability to shut down radiologic equipment and/or reboot computers.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. May be called upon to physically witness waste and/or inventory controlled substances with another authorized individual.
3. Responsible for maintaining work area ( this includes cleaning exam rooms as well as mobile equipment and stocking linen).
4. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
5. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
6.Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
7.Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Must have one of the following
Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology .
1. Experience: None required
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
1. Preferred- Current or previous experience in the hospital setting to include PACS system and digital radiology.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: Required:
1. Must have and Maintain Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Medical Board.
2. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification either at date of hire or within 6 months of hire date.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Tech PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.