Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Social Worker MSW Transplant today with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Social Worker MSW Transplant. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
As a Medical Social Worker, you will be responsible for promoting patient-centered care by evaluating psychosocial needs, providing community service coordination for identified patient populations, and providing support and crisis intervention where indicated. You will act as a liaison between the patient and community resources/post-acute care providers. You will create and facilitate timely implementation of discharge plans and arrange post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. You will facilitate patient movement across the continuum of care and identify, address, and track barriers to patient throughput. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you. We want you to apply now!
What you will do in this role:
- You will partner with the RN Case Manager to ensure the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
- You will respond promptly to referrals from the RN Case Manager or other staff when risk factors for social determinants of health are identified.
- You will perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate plans of care for high-risk patients with discharge planning or psychosocial needs.
- You will perform proactive discharge planning.
- You will provide expertise in post-acute services and community resources.
- You will identify and address barriers to discharge and recovery, including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical and spiritual.
- You will provide psychosocial support and resources.
What qualifications you will need:
- Two years’ experience in acute care social work
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Social Worker in the state of Texas according to law and regulation
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Social Worker MSW Transplant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.